What is a Pie Pan?

A pie pan is a round, shallow pan with sloping sides. Generally, most pie pans have some kind of lip around the edge to hold and showcase the crust.

What is a Dutch Oven?

A Dutch oven is a heavy pot used for baking and stove top braising of foods. They are popular with making stews and cassoulets, and usually comes with a lid that fits well to keep […]

What is a Silicone Baking Mat?

A silicone baking mat is a mat made of laminated and ruberized silicone. Some have reinforced fiberglass fibers or a fiberglass mesh and those types of mats are not made to be cut, trimmed or used […]

What is a Flared Bread Pan?

A flared bread pan is just what it sounds like – a bread pan with flared sides. Flared bread pans with rolled edges are made for heavy-duty applications. Flared bread pans also go by the […]

What is a Pullman Loaf Pan? (Pan de Mie)

These are covered bread pans with a sliding cover that can be shut during baking. This will keep the bread in a uniform rectangular shape (and perfectly square slices) with no rounded top typical of […]

What is a Flan Ring?

A flan ring is similar to and used like a tart ring. It is in varying shape (round, rectangle or flower are popular) and made of stainless steel or tin plate. Flan rings can be […]

What is a Brioche Mold?

A brioche mold or pan is a multi-fluted pan with steeply sloping sides. In most cases, brioche pans are called by the number of flutes (sometimes called waves or curves) around the edge, for example a […]

What are Madeleine Molds?

Madeleine cookies are a distinctive cookie baked in a scallop shell shaped mold. Madeleine pans can be small or large shape, in many different pan materials such as nonstick, tin plate and silicone.